The YMCA of Greater Hartford in 2018 served over 108,000 children and families, including 66,000 children, in personal development and educational programs.
- is the largest provider of quality child care in Connecticut, serving nearly 600 children in early childhood education and over 1,200 children in before and after school programs;
- is the largest provider of day and residential camping in the Capital Region with 4,000 children participating each summer;
- teaches the holistic values of sports through year-round, non-competitive, character-building youth sports programs with nearly 8,000 participants annually;
- improved health of more than 51,000 people of all ages through health and wellness education;
- helps 150 survivors at all points in their cancer journey through membership and programming to rebuild strength, endurance, and a sense of self with our LiveSTRONG program;
- teaches more than 3,000 children and more than 150 adults how to swim and be safe around the water.
About the YMCA of Greater Hartford
The YMCA of Greater Hartford is a charitable association open to all and committed to helping people develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind and body. This commitment is reinforced by our belief in living out universal values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Our vision is three-fold:
- to put a caring adult in the presence of every child;
- to be good stewards of the resources entrusted to us; and
- to work in partnership with others to eliminate the disparities in health and education.
The YMCA of Greater Hartford consists of 10 branches and two resident camps providing more than 100 programs and services in Hartford, Tolland and Windham counties.